Monday, March 25, 2013

Snaggletooth!

For months now, Andrew has been waiting to lose a tooth.  Most all of his friends have already lost teeth, and he is seven and a half....so it is about time.  To be honest, I know is time, but I was kind of dreading it.  I just know he will look so much more grown up when he loses teeth. 
Well, on Valentine's Day, I got to his school for his party, and he very excitedly told me he had a loose tooth!  OH MY!  Phillip and I were supposed to go out of town for Spring Break and the kids would be at the grandparents...I started doing the math in my head....I thought "I have not waited 7 1/2 years for him to lose his first tooth on someone else's watch!"
The night before we left for our trip, Phillip convinced Andrew to let him wiggle his tooth just to see if it could come out.  Andrew agreed.  Phillip tried but said it was not quite ready.  He could have pulled it but felt like it would bleed a lot.  We figured we have a whole mouthful of teeth to go through, and we did not want him traumatized by the first one.  So in other words, we lost the battle to win the war. 
We took some pictures of Andrew before we left, knowing full well there was no way the tooth would still be in there when we returned from our trip. 




 
Phillip and I had a wonderful trip, and sure enough were met with this smiling face when we got home...minus that bottom tooth!

 
He was so proud!  He lost his first tooth on Sunday, March 10, 2013.
Apparently, he wiggled it ALL through the church service.  Gumpa convinced him to let him pull it when they got home from church.  Reportedly, he did not even cry.
 
Well, there's always the next one! 
The one next to it is also loose!
OR
MAYBE
NOT!

I picked him up from school last Tuesday and as soon as he got in the car proudly announced he pulled his tooth at school....are you kidding me???
 

 
As exciting as this has been, I think it is time to slow down.  If he loses any more at one time I may have to puree his food. 
Maybe, just maybe, I will be there when he loses the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment