Today, I was absolutely blown away by God's goodness. It was such a casual occurrence at dinner, and I almost missed it - Andrew asked for more green beans! "So what?" you may ask. As I spooned some additional green beans on his plate and watched him eat them like candy, I almost got teary eyed. Andrew's first few years he survived on Tyson chicken nuggets and infant rice cereal with Gerber fruit. (The child ate infant rice cereal until he was THREE years old....would ask for it......and I will neither confirm or deny that we still buy Gerber Stage 2 pears and pear pineapple.) In fact, he ate so many chicken nuggets, that today the smell of them immediately turns my stomach.
A few years ago, Phillip and I began praying, "Lord, please give Andrew a taste for new food." Literally, this was our prayer. And today, as he asked for more green beans, I was struck with the realization that God has, indeed, given our little man a taste for new food. Looking back, I am amazed at how his tastes have changed over the last few years. The child who would not even touch pizza or hamburgers (Crazy, I know!) now eats those as well as salmon and tilapia. And asked me today at lunch, "Mommy, will you buy me some more of that broccoli slaw to take in my lunch?" He still has his quirks with food and still will not touch a mashed potato, but aren't we all a work in progress??
I was reminded of Psalm 34:8 which says, "O taste and see that the Lord is good; How blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him!" I rejoice as I reflect at how the Lord has truly worked in this area of his life.

No comments:
Post a Comment