Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Hands of the Potter

Tonight I was fortunate to attend a pottery class. Our church is blessed to have all the supplies and equipment necessary to do pottery as well as someone who can teach those of us who have never tried it. It was an absolute blast and I can tell already that this is something I am going to enjoy!

Learning to work with the clay.







My creations. Now I must wait for them to dry.




Working on our pottery I was reminded of Isaiah 64:8 which says, "But now, O Lord, Thou art our Father, we are the clay, and Thou our potter; And all of us are the work of Thy hand." As I learned to smooth the clay and remove the imperfections, I thought about how my Heavenly Father has crafted me and works to mold me to better reflect Christ. Like the clay I have many imperfections, but He is patient with me and continues to shape me. I thank Him for the work He is doing in my life and pray that I would be a "vessel for honor, sanctified, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work." (2 Timothy 2:21)

No comments:

Post a Comment