This week has been an extremely busy one. I am in the Junior Auxillary, and we had our annual charity ball this weekend. Much of the week was spent decorating and preparing for the event that was held Saturday night. Also, as previously posted, I was able to spend some time with friends on Friday night. Phillip had the boys pretty much all weekend while I was gone. I have to brag on him because he is such a WONDERFUL father and husband. Many men would have dreaded Mom being gone for that long; but not Phillip. He was happy to give me a break and looked forward all week to spending some one-on-one time with the boys.
And so the story of the paper rose......When we lived in "the big city," Phillip found a store where he could get half a dozen roses for $3.99. I must admit, I was very spoiled. He would come home with flowers for me almost every week! Now that we live in a much smaller town, fresh flowers are definitely more of a special treat. When I got home Friday night from being out with the girls, I had a surprise -- a paper rose. He said since he could not get me flowers like he used to all of the time, he decided to make me one. I have to admit, this was more special than any bouquet he could ever buy and bring home!
Ephesians 5;25 says, "Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her." I thank the Lord for a husband who strives to emulate Christ in all he does and especially in our family. I know I am blessed beyond measure to have such a loving and thoughtful husband. I love you, huni!
Hope
3 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment