Monday, February 23, 2009

Our Trip to Lowes

Wednesday night, as we were packing to go to Memphis for the weekend, I decided to do one last load of laundry. Long story short, the washing machine developed a mind of its own and we were up until one-thirty in the morning trying to get the water to spin out of the machine. After evaluating the cost to fix it, we decided it would be best to buy a new machine. So, on our way home from Memphis, we stopped at Lowes.
Andrew and Aiden were both excellent, especially considering shopping for appliances is not the most exciting thing for a three year old. Since he was so good, we told him we would go look at all the lawn equipment. (For those of you that don't know, Andrew is FASCINATED with all things lawn and garden. He has toy weed eaters, lawn mowers and even blowers. He is counting down the days until springtime because he is ready to watch and "help" Phillip do the yard work. In fact, it may have gone from fascination to obsession!)
Here Andrew is looking at all of the weed eaters. Today, the yellow one was his favorite.


We told him he could pick one mower to sit on...of course he picked the John Deere.



We found this really cool head gear...Andrew has requested one for his birthday.



He insisted that Mommy try it on.




Aiden slept through the whole experience!


I would say this is cheap entertainment, but considering we ended up buying a washer AND dryer, I am thinking a trip to a theme park might have been cheaper! I hate that we had to buy new appliances, but I am excited that the new ones are extra large capacity...and since they can't deliver them until Friday...I have the week off from laundry!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment