What a day we have had today!! Today Andrew started preschool!
The Methodist Church here in town has a wonderful preschool program. After much prayer, Phillip and I made the decision to send Andrew this year to three year old preschool. (Even though he is almost four, because of when his birthday falls, he will be in the three year old class.) He will go three days a week for three hours a day.
Andrew has been SO excited about starting "school." I have known for some time that this day was coming so I have had ample time to prepare myself!
Time to wake up.....
Must eat a good breakfast to start the day.....
(Breakfast is his FAVORITE meal of the day....but today he was too excited...he could hardly eat!)
Checking his height. It will be interesting to see how much he grows this school year.
Almost 3 1/2 feet...what a big boy!!
About to leave for school.
What a cutie!
Andrew, Daddy and Aiden
Mommy and Andrew
Andrew, can you please be serious and give us a sweet smile??
Standing at the doors about to go in...
I actually did very well. No sobbing or hysterics. Phillip was very proud, and relieved! Actually, Andrew was SO excited about going to preschool, it was hard for me to be sad. After we took him to his room, met his teacher and were about to leave, he looked right up at me, pointed his little finger at me, and cocked his head to the side and said, "I'll see you later!" I have to admit, if there ever was a point I thought I was going to lose it, this was it!! But, I managed to keep it together, and Phillip and Aiden and I made our way to the car.
Standing at the doors about to go in...
I actually did very well. No sobbing or hysterics. Phillip was very proud, and relieved! Actually, Andrew was SO excited about going to preschool, it was hard for me to be sad. After we took him to his room, met his teacher and were about to leave, he looked right up at me, pointed his little finger at me, and cocked his head to the side and said, "I'll see you later!" I have to admit, if there ever was a point I thought I was going to lose it, this was it!! But, I managed to keep it together, and Phillip and Aiden and I made our way to the car.
I cannot tell you how QUIET the house was when I got home. Aiden and I played and then I put him down for a nap...then it got REALLY quiet. Still not tears or hysterics, but come eleven o'clock I was more than ready to pick up my little man!!
When Phillip and I picked him up, he was so ready to tell us all about his day. Apparently, he sang songs, read books, played on the playground, ate cookies and drank juice, learned about circles and went on a bear hunt. And by the way, he told us, "Do you know how many frogs are in zero....Nothing!" I assume they learned about the number zero. Guess you have to start somewhere.
All in all it was a wonderful day - a milestone we will not soon forget. We look forward to all he will learn and experience this year. I'll close this post with the final note from his school's policies and procedures manual which Phillip and I thought was hilarious:
"One final note: If you don't believe everything your child tells you about school, we promise not to believe everything your child tells about home."

No comments:
Post a Comment