Well, two big days in a row at our house. Yesterday, Andrew started Kindergarten; and today, my baby started preschool! Aiden will be going to preschool two days per week and staying for half the day. He is THRILLED to be going to school - "just like Andrew." This morning while he was eating breakfast, he told me "I go to school and Andrew come home with Mommy." I guess he figured today was HIS day!
Last week we went to meet his teacher. And of course, I snapped a few pics.
Over the weekend, I monogrammed his new big boy backpack. He was just a little excited to get it! Take a look:
In fact, he was so excited about his new backpack, he did not want to take it off...not even to play.
This morning before leaving for school.
My boys all ready for school!
And of course, a couple of pics with Mommy and Daddy.
Notice Aiden is waiving "bye."
Walking into preschool.
(Notice his friend Abby to the right. We are friends with her parents and have already discussed the possibility of arranged marriages. She has an older sister who is 5 that Andrew plays with.)
Aiden and Abby walking in together.
Outside his classroom.
He walked in like such a big boy. His teacher said he did great and had a great time. When I picked him up he was all smiles and told me a few things: He ate his lunch. Played on the playground. Went to music. (And apparently learned a song where you clap your hands.) And made a new friend named Charlie. (He really liked Charlie and told me "His name is one of the engines from Thomas.")
Andrew had a great day today, too. When he got up this morning, I asked if he was excited about school. He said, "Yes. Maybe today we will learn to read!" When I picked him up, he said, "Guess what! I learned to read something today!" I hope he will always be so eager to read.
Everyone asked me what I was going to do with all my free time this morning. Nothing too exciting - I went to the eye doctor. Something I had really been needing to do, especially since I am wearing my last pair of contacts. Funny story, though. I knew I would be getting my eyes dilated, so Phillip picked me up afterwards and took me to lunch since it was hard for me to see to drive. I asked somebody, "Is this what it is like to get old. You and your husband take one another to doctors appointments and then go eat lunch??" It was nice to have my husband all to myself at lunch - even if I could barely see him and had to eat lunch in my sunglasses!

No comments:
Post a Comment