Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Phases.....

This has been a monumental week at our house...we had promotion Sunday at church...meaning, both boys moved UP into a new class.  For Aiden this meant that he went from the 2 year old room to the 3 year old room.  He did great!  A new room means new toys.  Aiden LOVES his new class....his teacher told me he walks around saying, "I a big boy...I in the big boy class."  I have tried to explain to him that a great accompaniment to this would be for him to go potty and wear big boy underwear...but I will save the potty training saga for another day, lest I digress. 

Now Andrew....he moved into the Kindergarten class!!  What does this mean?...no more preschool department for him.  WOW!

Now, at times, I admit, I am somewhat of a "smother mother" (a term of endearment that a sweet friend of mine labels herself...and I have adopted).  And if I let myself dwell on it, my tendency would be to become emotional over all of this talk of going to Kindergarten.  But you know, God is really teaching me that this is a BLESSING!  I have friends who have yet to have the children they so desire and even friends who have lost children.  What they would give for their child to reach this milestone.  So, I just rejoice that God has blessed us with healthy children who are thriving and growing.  I rejoice in this new season because I know it is part of God's plan for my children's lives.  I am excited to see what God is going to teach us all during this new phase.  And I am so thankful that he chose me to be their mom.

All that being said, Andrew starts to school in a little less than two weeks. The day after that, Aiden will go to preschool (just two days a week for a few hours).  I am ready, and I feel that God has really been preparing me for this.  But I do know one thing...I am going to take the advice I have heard from several friends:  The first day they are both in school at the same time, I will NOT go home to the empty house after I drop them off....it will be WAY to quiet! :-)

Here is a picture I snapped of Andrew before he headed out to a pizza party last week....his first official event in the Kids Department at church.


Oh, and he won the door prize!


1 comment:

  1. Amanda, I've only known you and your family for a year and already I can tell that Andrew has grown so much! You've got some handsome boys there, Mrs. Dancy. :)

    ReplyDelete