My sweet husband outdid himself this year for our anniversary! A few days before our anniversary, he started sending me "clues" to try and figure out what he had planned for our special day. The first clue said, "Prepare yourself for an international adventure." Well, knowing this is not quite the season of our life to be jet-setting off to foreign lands and leaving the little ones behind, I was not quite sure what he had planned. He continued giving me clues all week until finally the day of our anniversary arrived. He handed me "plane tickets" and a "passport" he had made and told me were taking the kids to a sitter and handed me this folder:
Inside I found all sorts of details about the day. He had arranged to turn our backyard into Aruba, where we went for our honeymoon! He gave me coupons to use throughout the afternoon for lunch, gifts and relaxing by the pool. He also made up a menu that was to be used for lunch. He put a LOT of work into this!!
Poolside! (Not quite the beach, but there were palm trees and "ocean life!")
Instead of flowers, he decided I would rather have an ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins...one of my absolute favorites!!
The delicious lunch he grilled for us.
As if all of this was not enough, he also gave me a gift...a charm for my Pandora bracelet. But not just any charm, one called purple waves to go along with the "beach" theme of the day. I have such a sweet and thoughtful husband who is always doing things to spoil me!! He really did surprise me with all of this. He put so much thought and work into this surprise and I was truly speechless!
Happy Anniversary...and I look forward to many more!
I love you, Phillip!!

No comments:
Post a Comment